We are seeking a Special Systems Design Lead for our Philadlephia PA office! The Special Systems Design lead will be responsible for Special Systems Design and Engineering work and technical accuracy of all Special Systems products produced through the Design Studio.
- Performs Special Systems Design and Engineering work.
- Ensures accuracy of finished product design, reviewing for completeness, conflict avoidance, and ensuring clients’ objectives are being met throughout life cycle.
- Develops solutions to various engineering problems.
- Supports the technical discipline lead to ensure high standards of quality, innovative design strategies, and to enhance the technical expertise of all studio staff.
- Adjusts and correlates data, recognizing and addressing discrepancies.
- Supports the generation of proposals and presentations, providing appropriate data and information and ensuring specifications’ accuracy.
- Writes technical specifications.
- Develops technical cost estimates.
- Ensures accuracy in meeting applicable codes, standards and best practices.
- Participates on projects during design, bidding and construction administration.
- Interfaces with existing clients, outside consultants, and vendors.
- Attends client meetings to discuss job progress.
- Ensures all production adheres to Company Quality Standards.
- Ensures coordination between disciplines and other consultants.
- Performs day-to-day QA/QC functions as necessary.
- Thorough knowledge of design-to-completion engineering processes.
- Extensive knowledge of engineering principles and design packages.
- Thorough knowledge of QA/QC.
- Exceptional communications skills with ability to maintain discretion.
- Ability to create and maintain productive relationships with employees, clients and vendors.
- Understanding of principles of A/E industry.
Education/Experience Minimum: Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD) Certification Required. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Preferred. Professional Engineering licensure (P.E.) preferred. CTS, DSCE certification a plus. Minimum of ten years experience in a technical and project lead capacity reflecting increasing responsibility.
- Ability to drive and maintain a safe driving record.
- Valid state driver’s license (any in US).
- In possession of appropriate paperwork to gain and maintain employment in the US.
- Ability to meet worksite security requirements including criminal background checks and TSA threat assessment evaluations.