We are seeking an MEP Engineering Project Manager to join our NYC office. The Project Manager will lead complex projects, develop client relationships, deliver projects according to client needs and budget, lead concept development of building systems, and guide a team of engineers from project conception though occupancy. This position also includes participating in project interviews, providing high-level client service, establishing long-term partnerships and ensuring resolution of all technical and service issues.
Other responsibilities include:
- Take ownership of the client’s and the firm’s project goals in terms of project contract management, including financials, understanding and managing client expectations, strict project schedule control and billing and collections
- Assume responsible charge for the overall economic well-being of the assigned projects
- Develop and mentor staff as it relates to technical and client management development.
- Prepare proposals and administer project contracts between SHG and the client, including Add Service Agreements
- A background in the following markets: Healthcare, Civic, Higher Education, Aviation, Hospitality and Mission Critical
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related field; exceptional candidates may substitute significant years of experience
- 8-12 years minimum of engineering project management with an MEP consulting firm
- Candidate should possess a strong ability to coordinate between MEP, Architectural, Structural, Civil and Low Voltage trades
- Conduct business development activities, participate in various trade organizations and prepare presentations
- The latest version of AutoCAD and REVIT experience