As a Commissioning Engineer, you will travel to sites throughout the US and will work directly with client personnel at state-of-the-art mission critical facilities. This position will involve reviewing design criteria, specifications, drawings, equipment submittals, and other documentation pertinent to commissioning. In this role, you will develop and administer functional testing of mechanical systems, functional testing of DDC/PLC control systems and sequences.
- Effectively communicate with clients and the project team (EOR, CMs, MEP trades, etc.)
- Perform System and equipment troubleshooting
- Daily interaction with management team and oversight of engineers on project team
- Develop and coordinate Commissioning Plans, consistent with firm standards
- Develop and coordinate functional testing of multi-stack equipment and multi-redundant system configurations within a trade
- Review design criteria, specifications, drawings, equipment submittals, and other documentation pertinent to commissioning
- Write and administer Commissioning Plans, Scripts and Systems Manuals consistent with firm format
- Participate in / Ensure / Oversee QA/QC process for your work and the work of others
- Assist senior engineer and/or senior designer in the on-going determination of project scheduling requirements, manpower requirements, and project budgets
- Perform construction administration and field investigation tasks for assigned projects including conducting field inspections and subsequent detailed inspection reports
To succeed in this role, your experience would include commissioning or designing of large Mechanical systems for industrial, datacenter, pharmaceutical processes or laboratory clean rooms. Your technical strengths must be complemented by self-motivation, relationship building skills, effective communication skills, conflict resolution, and the ability to effectively work in a fast–paced, challenging environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, preferred (exceptional candidates may substitute significant years of experience, including commissioning of large mechanical systems for industrial, data center, pharmaceutical processes, or laboratory clean rooms)
- A minimum of 5 years field experience in hands-on testing, validation and troubleshooting of large Mechanical systems
- LEED commissioning experience, a plus
- Experience with ASHRAE and/or PECI Cx and RETRO-Cx procedures and protocols, a plus